Popular Posts!

LEVIS JEAN SHOP!

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

WORKERS EXPLOITED BY COMPANY NOT PROTECTED UNDER MOM



Me, together with about 40 plus people were employed by this local company agency. This agency liaises with the product company and I'm sure you know how it works. We are working for the product company through this agency.

So this company has been owing salaries for up to 3-4 months. I started working since October until last weekend. I don't think I want to go to work this weekend since there's no sign of any salary payment. So October, November and December. That's about SGD 2k for me. They have made a lot of promises such as it'll be in by this but the promises were never fulfilled. Recently, they went MIA and stopped answering calls and text messages. It's truly a mayhem in the group chat now.

For some people, they have not even received their September basic and/or commission. We have about 40+ of us. Each and every one is being owed salary!

I'm not going to post the company's info but I can say that there's been precedents  of this in the past and yes there were complaints made (forexample on Reddit)

I have scoured for this company's info and they're a LIMITED EXEMPT PRIVATE
COMPANY.

Are there any recourse that we can take against this company as a whole?

A few of us have gone to MOM for help and they directed us to turn to the subordinate courts for help. Class-action lawsuits? It'll only be considered as small claims tribunal since it's under $10k but if we gather all of them, it will definitely be over $10k, even $50k is probable.
Appreciate all suggestions and replies. I'll post the company's name and info over the next few days if they continue to go MIA. Thanks!

EDIT: So I heard they are an independent service provider. We are NOT covered under employment act and MOM. Any recourse?

LG Promoters
A.S.S. Contributor

Ref:https://www.allsingaporestuff.com

No comments:

My Blog List