Popular Posts!

LEVIS JEAN SHOP!

Friday, October 28, 2011

From sexy to sweet




Thu, Oct 27, 2011 | The New Paper
By Kwok Kar Peng
While the men are going all out to up the sex factor, the women are ironically toning it down.

Over the last two decades, the Jeffrey Chung Models annual calendar has become synonymous with scantily-clad local female models striking suggestive poses that at times bordered on the sleazy.

In the 1998 calendar, the models were photographed covering their breasts with porcelain bowls and butterfly props.

The 2008 one, though relatively mild, saw the girls in bikinis and other types of swimwear.

But the 2012 calendar, featuring 10 female and three male models, is another story.

It is squeaky clean.

Done in an artistic manner with mini cupcakes and doughnuts adorning the girls, the only "cleavage" in sight came from their muscular male counterparts.

The raunchiest photo - a half-body shot - is of a girl wearing only a bra. Even then, her arms block her breasts and, to put it bluntly, there's nothing to see.

So why the cover-up?

Mr Jeffrey Chung, 44, owner of the local modelling agency, told The New Paper he wanted to break away from the norm.

He said: "I've made sexy calendars since 1992. It was a lingerie issue and I wanted to showcase the nice figures and faces my models had.

"Now, I want something new and different. I also want to show my models are versatile and can do all kinds of shoots."

Nevertheless, he anticipates his clients won't be too happy with the less-than-sexy photos.

He added: "My models were dressed in dresses and gowns in the 2009 calendar and my clients told me they preferred to see sexier photos.

"But this year, maybe my calendars will appeal to another market, like the family-oriented people."

Mr Chung distributes the calendars to his business clients every year because he wants them to be reminded of his models every day.

He sold the calendars to the public in 2004 and 2005, but stopped when his clients complained the calendars lacked exclusivity.

This year, he will distribute 1,000 calendars to his clients, while another 3,000 calendars will be given out by the patisserie House Of Mini which created the sweet treats in the photo shoot.

This article was first published in The New Paper.


- Ref:asia one;Posted using BlogPress from my 4GiPhone

No comments:

My Blog List